Information: This forum has been closed. Details

Custom avatar and control: how possibe?

Moderator: Blue Mars Staff

Custom avatar and control: how possibe?

Postby GeneticDrift ID:GeneticD » Sat May 14, 2011 6:08 pm

I don't know a whole lot about scripting, just in case you wondered.

How possible would it be to create our own controls for an avatar ?

I imagine in around about way we could make our own avatar controls by attaching the avatar to an entity and scripting that. Effectively like the vehicle work that has been done. I guess this runs into the whole dynamic object limitations though.
Is there a way we can mess with the actual avatar controls ? Or is that locked down for us?

How possible would it be to completely replace the avatar with our own polygon character ?

Is there a way to stop the avatar rendering ?
I could then load up an polygon model as an entity and have the camera follow that right?
I see in a couple of cities we have monsters/cartoon characters that walk around and animate without being boids. So I am guessing we could have some animation to an avatar replacement entity.

Just want to start a bit of discussion over what is possible and what is not.
GeneticDrift ID:GeneticD

Full Name: GeneticDrift ID:GeneticD

Re: Custom avatar and control: how possibe?

Postby yuguduruk ID:yuguduru » Sun May 22, 2011 5:05 am

GeneticDrift ID:GeneticD wrote:I don't know a whole lot about scripting, just in case you wondered.

How possible would it be to completely replace the avatar with our own polygon character ?

turns out that one could use a custom skeleton. so custom mesh/"skinning" misght be possible. gonna test it when and if :mrgreen: i finish the rig ive been playing with

edited by admin.
yuguduruk ID:yuguduru

Full Name: yuguduruk ID:yuguduru

Return to LUA Scripting