Information: This forum has been closed. Details

Las Islas

Moderator: Blue Mars Staff

Las Islas

Postby NAIMA ID:NAIMA » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:07 pm

I still don't know the name , but here is my current project ...

Once in the Past the Spanish Empire covered almoust all corners of the known world , for severall centuries hold a firm grip over lands that could alltogether actually never see the sun go down ....
Las Islas is a set of Islands placed somewhere in the boundaries of this ancient Empire.... long after its fall , the Islands seemed to be disappeared from all routes and charts untill late , when some travel company spotted and decided to make of it its own top jewell for Resort destinations and holidays for tourists ... Tough Something mysterious lies in the deep of those Islands , and the most beautyfull paradise on Earth may not be so Heavenly like it seems to be...

A tropical mysterious Island with a deep Rainforest with eventually some Ancient mysterious ruins in the deep of it .... the attempt is mainly an exercize for a professional and photorealistic look of a Tropical Rainforest and Island ,with totally custom made by scratch elements .
The Island may evolve later on....

Last edited by NAIMA ID:NAIMA on Tue May 11, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NAIMA ID:NAIMA

Full Name: NAIMA ID:NAIMA

Re: L'Isola

Postby NAIMA ID:NAIMA » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:14 am

Here is a Preview of my new Custom made Textures for my island , just some , and I am not sure if are all final , but I took lot of time to make and fine tune to have good smooth transitions and a good close distance look , all textures are 2048x2048 , most include parallax mapping and specular mapping ,

the whole list of textures is :

Cliff 3d Distant
Cliff 3d Close 1
Cliff 3d Close 2
Coral 3d
Grass
Ground Pebbles
Ground Stones
Ground Dirt
Rainforest Fresh
Rainforest Dry
Sand Wet
Sand Messy
Sand Grassy
Sand Underwater

There is still one slot for a 15th texture if I am not wrong and I am undecided if to use for the following :

1 Grass long
2 Grass Dry
3 Mud
4 Small Pebbles
5 Ruins pavement
5 Rock

Any suggestions and critiques are very welcome ....

Postby tim ID:tim » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:37 am

Seriously those are some of the best terrain textures I've seen. If I were you I'd package them and sell them to other devs. We just need to get the developer to developer marketplace working...
tim ID:tim

Full Name: tim ID:tim

Postby ZetumeiIeyashi ID:ZetumeiI » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:05 pm

tim ID:tim wrote:Seriously those are some of the best terrain textures I've seen. If I were you I'd package them and sell them to other devs. We just need to get the developer to developer marketplace working...

I agree with Tim, you should totally sell those.
ZetumeiIeyashi ID:ZetumeiI

Full Name: ZetumeiIeyashi ID:ZetumeiI

Postby Lex4art ID:Lex4art » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:36 pm

Well, dont forget that selling textures maded from cgtextures.com/mayang.com references not allowed; but ability to sell\buy sonething to\from developers - will push BM city's growing :)
Lex4art ID:Lex4art

Full Name: Lex4art ID:Lex4art

Postby NAIMA ID:NAIMA » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:56 pm

yeh some are derivate work from this site , altough reworked a lot , but the main difficulty was to fine tune it for having smooth transitions in BM , I think that there is a difference in BM and crysis engine , also the tiling resolution is different , so I couldnt just imitate but I had to vary it .... but the Crysis levels are my main looked upon inspiration , after I will use real pics for more reference instead for tod etc....
Thanks for the compliments :) ... Making landscape assets is also part of my goal , as I do in SL and derivate work from the previouse textures are allowed to be dsold if they do not involve only the sole texture ...

Here some more bushes ...

Postby tim ID:tim » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:36 pm

Again great leaves. Also on the difference between the engines, the only differences are that BM uses the newest CryEngine 2 editor. So the cool thing is that your terrain textures would work well in a Crysis Warhead level as well as theortically a Crysis 2 level (or Blue Mars of course).

On your bushes, you might want to bend your leaf geometry a little more. I guess it's not really that it needs more of an angle but the straight edges should be shorter so that you don't have 5 leaves all lined up on a plane.
tim ID:tim

Full Name: tim ID:tim

Postby NAIMA ID:NAIMA » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:53 pm

Yes but I am still trying to stay low poly couse those bushes are mostly fillers for dense vegetation mixes...

Postby Lex4art ID:Lex4art » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:17 pm

Looks cool, what i can say :)
Lex4art ID:Lex4art

Full Name: Lex4art ID:Lex4art

Postby ZetumeiIeyashi ID:ZetumeiI » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:38 am

Boy would I love those textures lol. You really should think about selling or donating them to the devs :>
ZetumeiIeyashi ID:ZetumeiI

Full Name: ZetumeiIeyashi ID:ZetumeiI

Next

Return to In Development