Information: This forum has been closed. Details

Rustica

Moderator: Blue Mars Staff

Re: Rustica

Postby CoreyEvans ID:CoreyEva » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:37 pm

Nice work! a fed bear is a dead bear as the saying goes in some parts..

-C
CoreyEvans ID:CoreyEva

Full Name: CoreyEvans ID:CoreyEva

Postby Maxwell-Graf ID:Maxwell- » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:30 pm

w.i.p. of new birch trees. These are using hand painted bark and leaf textures, and low poly trunks

Maxwell-Graf ID:Maxwell-

Full Name: Maxwell-Graf ID:Maxwell-

Postby Maxwell-Graf ID:Maxwell- » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:54 am

Just about completed the initial layout for the roads for all the different tracks. Is there a way to calculate how many Km of roads I am using? The red lines indicate tunnels.

I would love to be have some additional functionality for the roads:

• the ability to select multiple points along the road to apply various widths, tilt to more than one at a time.
• the ability to select multiple points along the road to apply the "align terrain height" function to only a portion of the roadway at a time, rather than the entire road.
• the ability to blend road material from one to another within the same road. for example, a road that begins as paved, has a long section of dirt, then back to paved again, without having to use decals or additional road segments.

Postby Traveller ID:Travelle » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:10 am

Max,

Are you still working on this?
Traveller ID:Travelle

Full Name: Traveller ID:Travelle

Postby Maxwell-Graf ID:Maxwell- » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:07 pm

I am on hold for plans to go live for now, until I get a better feeling for how/what the mobile application will be. I am still developing the city locally when I have time, but no plans to go live yet until I see what mobile turns into. I do plan on going live with the city at some point, but I cant devote much time to it. Still working on it though. :)

Unfortunately, the entire plan for the city was very dependant on vehicles, and without them it will only be a very large nature park with trails all over it, which is rather pointless.

Postby Traveller ID:Travelle » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:57 pm

I don't think its pointless...

Eventually vehicles will come. By the way, can you get into those high mountains or are they just the external backdrop? Not that I have a problem with what I've seen...its all gorgeous :-)

Postby Maxwell-Graf ID:Maxwell- » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:57 am

you will be able to drive all over them, hopefully, but for the time being you can walk the entire map. The map listed above shows all the current roads that are on this. Many of them have severe elevation changes via switchbacks, so you can go up into the mountains and so on. I wanted to make all of this as accessible as possible via avatar.

Postby Traveller ID:Travelle » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:49 pm

Max,

Did you have an agreement with AR?

At this point I think it would be in everyone's benefit to post whatever is done. Of course, I don't speak for AR, but perhaps they could put it online. Blue Mars need people.
I also happen to be selfish and want to enjoy it :-)

Previous

Return to In Development