Information: This forum has been closed. Details

Skateboarding

Moderator: Blue Mars Staff

Skateboarding

Postby softICE ID:softICE » Sat May 08, 2010 3:25 pm

I finished a skateboard model with sufficient detail that I am proud of it. It is currently a Blue Mars item but I don't know what to do with it at the moment. My goal is, of course, to make it a vehicle. If I am successful in this endeavor I will be opening a skate shop to sell functional boards and skate clothing. I am not sure how the vehicle production is progressing or how to get involved. If you have any information about vehicle creation in Blue Mars all help will be welcomed. If you are interested in this project please contact me. I will be making hoverboards too, once the wooden ones take off the ground. Anyone with Blue Mars scripting or animation skills is needed.

Preview.jpg
The skateboard.
softICE ID:softICE

Full Name: softICE ID:softICE

Re: Skateboarding

Postby baknight ID:baknight » Wed May 19, 2010 3:37 pm

The vehicle system should be in the works in the coming months (hopefully)...

In the meantime, give this a shot: http://dev.bluemars.com/wiki/index.php/ ... ed_vehicle

Nice texture map btw. Looks like the real thing! Maybe a bit more concave on the board though...
baknight ID:baknight

Full Name: baknight ID:baknight

Postby softICE ID:softICE » Sun May 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Hey Thanks Baknight,
That is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I will walk through this procedure and see what I get.
I have been adjusting the various curves of the board, there will be just enough concave.

Postby lizachen ID:lizachen » Tue May 25, 2010 12:43 pm

It looks really good.... one thing I need to remind you is : make sure it's 1oo % original before you upload it..
lizachen ID:lizachen

Full Name: lizachen ID:lizachen

Postby baknight ID:baknight » Tue May 25, 2010 2:56 pm

Yeah, you might want to check the copyright info on that board's graphic since it is one of Powell's original designs...

Postby softICE ID:softICE » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:00 am

I have been using pictures of things for all of my textures. Is that not acceptable? Do I need to avoid logos and designs?

I really wanted to bring real skateboard graphics with this project. I like to digitize real clothing too. Is there a difference if it is for personal use or something I am selling?

Postby baknight ID:baknight » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:24 am

I'd say that for personal use it might be OK, but it could still become an issue. If we are told by the owners of the original graphics to remove the item, then we must comply with the copyright laws. Just make sure that it is fine to use the image for personal use, and respect the original author/owners properties. Make it into a full on skateboarding game prototype for Blue Mars and they might sponsor development costs! :D

Return to In Development