Information: This forum has been closed. Details

removed sample files

In this section, we'll post announcements for Editor features to be deprecated, prior to our regular releases.

Moderator: Blue Mars Staff

removed sample files

Postby NAIMA ID:NAIMA » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:06 am

Hi I remember some time ago there where in the folders also the sample files that Crytek provided for modding and study , it is stated in the same manual that the character files are free to download and use and study , In order to make a good AI non boid character I need those files , but unfortunately I can't seem to be able to open the chr files and the others with my max 2011 from the crytek version , can we have a "updated" working for max 2011 version? Even a separate download sample file would be fine on the dev page eventually ....
NAIMA ID:NAIMA

Full Name: NAIMA ID:NAIMA

Re: removed sample files

Postby NAIMA ID:NAIMA » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:52 am

bump...

Postby rosh ID:rosh » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:02 pm

Sorry Naima, not sure what files you're referring to... was it in the sample file that we provided, or Crytek? We've never distributed Crytek sample files with our Dev Toolkit.
rosh ID:rosh

Full Name: rosh ID:rosh

Postby NAIMA ID:NAIMA » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:04 pm

both , Long ago I pointed out that there where some crytek models in the files and then where removed stuff like a nanosuit model etc , I dont ask for that but I would like to be able ot use the "free" items given by crytek in their files as it is stated in the character tutorial , chr files to see how to make or set up character AI , not just boids wich I got how to do now ...

Return to Editor Feature Deprecation