Information: This forum has been closed. Details

Nonfunctional Editor controls removed

In this section, we'll post announcements for Editor features to be deprecated, prior to our regular releases.

Moderator: Blue Mars Staff

Nonfunctional Editor controls removed

Postby rosh ID:rosh » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:10 pm

The following controls will be removed from all Editor menus, as they are not functional:

ARShelf, in Entity Params:
     LodRatio
     ViewDistRatio
NOTE: LodRatio and ViewDistRatio controls can still be applied to individual items of the ARShelf content, before they are packed into a single Display.xml that is used to initialize the shelf. That can be done in ItemEditor, for example.

ARFillLight and ARSpotLight, in Entity Params:
    CastShadow (for spot light, use Entity Propoerties -> CastShadow control; for fill lights, no shadows)
    LodRatio
    CastScatterMaps
    Motion blur muliplier
    Receive Wind
    Use Occluders
NOTE: For spot lights, use Entity Properties -> CastShadow control to turn shadows on/off. Fill lights cast no shadows.

Also noted in the Wiki: http://create.bluemars.com/wiki/index.p ... ls_removed
rosh ID:rosh

Full Name: rosh ID:rosh

Re: Nonfunctional Editor controls removed

Postby VR Hacks » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Would you please clarify what you mean by this?

Bc, I have "Cast Shadow" checked for my trees & "Receive Shadow" checked for my grass. I also have "Cast Shadow" checked for all of my entities (i.e., my boats, piers, buildings, etc).

If you're not referring to the roll up bar settings, then please clarify wrt what you are referring to. Thanks!
VR Hacks

Full Name: VR Hacks

Postby andrei ID:andrei » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Sorry, we should have been more careful with wording. New changes apply to RollUp Bar controls of ARFillLight and ARSpotLight entities. Your grass and trees are safe :)

Andrei
andrei ID:andrei

Full Name: andrei ID:andrei

Postby VR Hacks » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:48 pm

Ah, ok. Well I haven't used lights. And may not, as from my read, they are somewhat expensive (resource wise) to use anyway. :-)

Thanks! :-)
VR Hacks

Full Name: VR Hacks

Return to Editor Feature Deprecation