Information: This forum has been closed. Details

Interior Editor Issues

Moderator: Blue Mars Staff

Interior Editor Issues

Postby DanielRavenNest ID:DanielRa » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:29 am

* Is there a way to display the shop entity bounding box? It warns me when the bounding box of an object is out of bounds, but I can't actually see the bounds.

* Is there a way to make the XYZ values when in Rotation or Scale mode read world values? Right now it always reads 0 for rotation and 1 for scale, which is singularly useless.

* Default shelf entity size is 1m, which is not proper scale for most clothing items. It needs to be about 2.2m in order to show hair and head attachments at full size for all styles.

* Default arrow key camera movement speed is 1.0, which is too high for shops and residences 0.05-0.1 is more appropriate.
DanielRavenNest ID:DanielRa

Full Name: DanielRavenNest ID:DanielRa

Re: Interior Editor Issues

Postby DavyRocket ID:DavyRock » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:22 pm

Undo/Redo buttons would really be nice also :D
DavyRocket ID:DavyRock

Full Name: DavyRocket ID:DavyRock

Re: Interior Editor Issues

Postby andrei ID:andrei » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:56 pm

Hello,

in order of appearance...

1. hit Control+T to start "Select Object" dialog, unfreeze the shop and select it -> bounding box will appear;
2. Interior Editor is using Local coordinate system. To make use of XYZ values for rotation/scaling, World coord. system is needed -- I put it on my TODO list;
3. shelves can be scaled as desired; moreover, when non-uniform scale is used on the shelf (say, vertical only), the object on the shelf will scale up in all dimensions, until it reaches its life size;
4. camera speed is saved in the registry, for each editor separately, so you can customize i;
5. undo and redo are available for most commands, keyboard shortcuts are Control+Z and Control+Shift+Z, respectively

Andrei
andrei ID:andrei

Full Name: andrei ID:andrei

Return to Technical Issues