Information: This forum has been closed. Details

New Member Questions

Post new member questions or tips here. This is for general information about Blue Mars.

Moderator: Blue Mars Staff

Re: New Member Questions

Postby jkimura ID:jkimura » Thu May 19, 2011 9:07 pm

We do in fact use amazon and other cloud services for our server back end.

What makes Otoy and other similar services special is that they provide GPU clusters, which amazon and most other cloud services lack.
jkimura ID:jkimura
Blue Mars Online Staff

Full Name: jkimura ID:jkimura

Postby Elkalim » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:33 pm

Hey members,
Well i'm new on this game and i have a question : where are the players?
I'm visiting the welcome area and some of the areas of the game and i can't see anyone. Can you tell me where the players are most of their time?
Elkalim

Postby GeneticDrift ID:GeneticD » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:41 am

Elkalim wrote:Hey members,
Well i'm new on this game and i have a question : where are the players?
I'm visiting the welcome area and some of the areas of the game and i can't see anyone. Can you tell me where the players are most of their time?

There is not many regular users of BM sadly. Your best bet to meet someone, is to check the events board for event times :). Not sure if the event times would be suitable for you, or even if events will continue to run for much longer.
GeneticDrift ID:GeneticD

Full Name: GeneticDrift ID:GeneticD

Postby admin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:50 pm

Welcome to Blue Mars. Please check our event calendar to find out when/ where you can meet us for events. http://bit.ly/bmevents
Hope to see you soon!
Josie
admin
Site Admin

Full Name: admin

Postby branes » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:14 pm

admin wrote:Please let us know how we can help you enjoy Blue Mars.

I can't get a toolbar!
branes

Postby Press » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:46 pm

What you mean with that, you dont see it on the bottom, whitch Toolbar you mean
Press

Postby NyaNya » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:43 am

Hi, newbie coming through!!!

I just downloaded Blue Mars about a week ago and logged onto it today. It's big, vast, and looks fun but there's one question that I have.

Where is everyone? I'm usually hanging out with the bots in the welcome area, but are there other places that i'm not aware of that peeps go to?
NyaNya

Postby Kaylu ID:Kaylu » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:47 pm

@ Nya Nya

Welcome to Blue Mars Nya Nya. Yes, we are vast and scattered all over. There's also BM Mobile and BM Lite. Here's a link to our community calendar listing events, tours and get-togethers. http://www.bluemars.com/community/events.html

Please join us at any of these events if you can. We'll be adding more in the future. Also, if you download BM Lite, you can join us on one of our location Tours. Here's a link http://www.bluemars.com/bluemarslite/

Looking forward to seeing you in Blue Mars!! :)
Kaylu
Kaylu ID:Kaylu

Full Name: Kaylu ID:Kaylu

Postby NyaNya » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:56 pm

What's New on Blue Mars!

Hello,

This is my first time being here on Blue Mars. Having said that I did come from SL (which I left within 10 minutes of joining) simply due to the amount of shuffling one receives before they are able to step foot in the door. Hopefully Blue Mars is a more inviting and friendlier experience as a virtual environment/tool that offers more options and a stronger server.

I also see Blue Mars features the CryEngine which has shown impressive visual graphics on the level of video-game development.

Are there any places recommended for newbies?
NyaNya

Postby NyaNya » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:59 pm

Oops!

Well it certainly does feel like the first time being here since I haven't explored the client yet!
NyaNya

PreviousNext

Return to Blue Mars Users