Information: This forum has been closed. Details

Questions for Henk Rogers

Post new member questions or tips here. This is for general information about Blue Mars.

Moderator: Blue Mars Staff

Questions for Henk Rogers

Postby JosieBlue ID:JosieBlu » Tue May 10, 2011 12:52 am

Hi Blue Mars!

If you have questions for Henk to address at his Meet and Greet, please post them here or email josie@avatar-reality.com. He will answer as many as time permits.

Thanks!
Josie
JosieBlue ID:JosieBlu

Full Name: JosieBlue ID:JosieBlu

Re: Questions for Henk Rogers

Postby DavyRocket ID:DavyRock » Tue May 10, 2011 9:27 am

Is there any plans in the near future to make Blue Mars what it started out to be. A virtual world with - vehicles, 100% "working residence. Ability to create more interactive games, have the ability to login with Cloud, better opimized client, better "ragdoll" movement for avatars. Full support again for PC users, a 100% syncronized client, last but not least, get out of beta with all these features you said we would have?
DavyRocket ID:DavyRock

Full Name: DavyRocket ID:DavyRock

Postby DanielRavenNest ID:DanielRa » Tue May 10, 2011 12:28 pm

The CryEngine 3 has been optimized so it will run on slower PCs, and also on XBox and PS3, so it is usable by perhaps six times as many players. Are there any plans to upgrade Blue Mars to the new engine? If not, given that Crytek is planning to release a free CryEngine SDK in August ( http://www.crymod.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=68064 ), why would developers want to stick with a more limited market?
DanielRavenNest ID:DanielRa

Full Name: DanielRavenNest ID:DanielRa

Postby JosieBlue ID:JosieBlu » Tue May 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Thanks guys. I've added these to the ones from Facebook and emails and submitted to the team.
JosieBlue ID:JosieBlu

Full Name: JosieBlue ID:JosieBlu

Postby Guest » Wed May 11, 2011 2:58 am

What's your favourite colour?

Postby DanielRavenNest ID:DanielRa » Wed May 11, 2011 2:18 pm

Please let us know where to find the transcript (or a replay of the audio), when it's available. Also, is this forum the best place to follow up? If not, where?
DanielRavenNest ID:DanielRa

Full Name: DanielRavenNest ID:DanielRa

Postby DavyRocket ID:DavyRock » Wed May 11, 2011 4:53 pm

Well I must say the meeting went quite well, but until I see action, some major improvements my hopes are still as they were "very low". It would also be nice to stick to a plan and follow through with it til its done, and 100% working correctly.
DavyRocket ID:DavyRock

Full Name: DavyRocket ID:DavyRock

Postby Galahad » Wed May 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Guest wrote:What's your favourite colour?

Blue. No. yel--
Galahad

Postby Genetic Drifter » Wed May 11, 2011 9:01 pm

DavyRocket ID:DavyRock wrote:Well I must say the meeting went quite well, but until I see action, some major improvements my hopes are still as they were "very low". It would also be nice to stick to a plan and follow through with it til its done, and 100% working correctly.

Yeah it was a positive rally cry. Although clearly he was not up to speed with the issues users/content creators are having and even how BM works.
Genetic Drifter

Postby GeneticDrift ID:GeneticD » Wed May 11, 2011 9:51 pm

Genetic Drifter wrote:
DavyRocket ID:DavyRock wrote:Well I must say the meeting went quite well, but until I see action, some major improvements my hopes are still as they were "very low". It would also be nice to stick to a plan and follow through with it til its done, and 100% working correctly.

Yeah it was a positive rally cry. Although clearly he was not up to speed with the issues users/content creators are having and even how BM works.

He might cry when he is up 2 speed. :lol:

I quoted myself because i was not logged in, incase you wondered.
GeneticDrift ID:GeneticD

Full Name: GeneticDrift ID:GeneticD

Next

Return to Blue Mars Users