Information: This forum has been closed. Details

Unable to connect with client Ver. 0.99

Post new member questions or tips here. This is for general information about Blue Mars.

Moderator: Blue Mars Staff

Unable to connect with client Ver. 0.99

Postby MarkWood » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Hello, I'm new on BlueMars, I just created my account, downloaded the client 0.99 and installed in my computer (Windows 7 64 bits with NIVIA GTS 250 and 8 GB RAM). When I typed my email address, password and pressed the login button, the screen turns white with some logos on both and freezes and never connect :(, there are no warnings or error messages. What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
MarkWood

Re: Unable to connect with client Ver. 0.99

Postby jackygunn ID:jackygun » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:04 pm

Last time I had this problem, support told me I had to change my Flash Player's settings to allow it to save files to my computer.
flashplayer.jpg
jackygunn ID:jackygun

Full Name: jackygunn ID:jackygun

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:23 am

jackygunn ID:jackygun wrote:Last time I had this problem, support told me I had to change my Flash Player's settings to allow it to save files to my computer.
flashplayer.jpg

Thanks for your fast reply.
I went to the official Macromedia website and entered to the Global Storage Settings panel, by default it was set to allow and 100 kb and I increased to unlimited, but nothing changed and can't connect. Any other idea?

Postby MarkWood » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:04 am

Things are improving... can't login with the client and can't login to forum, this is very funny
MarkWood

Postby jackygunn ID:jackygun » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:55 am

There are two versions of the Flash plugin on Windows, one for IE and another for all the other browsers. Blue Mars uses the IE version so make sure you're configuring your settings through IE.

You need to use the email address you used to sign up for Blue Mars as the forum login username, *not* your Blue Mars username.
jackygunn ID:jackygun

Full Name: jackygunn ID:jackygun

Return to Blue Mars Users