Information: This forum has been closed. Details

Sex and the (Blue Mars) City

Moderator: Blue Mars Staff

Sex and the (Blue Mars) City

Postby VR Hacks » Thu May 20, 2010 6:50 pm

Imo, this is an important subject, since people will be deciding whether or not they want to invest time and money in the blue mars platform. As I previously stated, I'm all for having some limits on adult content. However, as some have noted, the definition of "adult" is subjective. Or, otherwise put, one person's "tawdry" is another person's "so what." Importantly, I have been hearing whisperings that some people's content is being rejected and that there is some confusion wrt what sort of measuring stick AR is using to determine whether their content will be accepted or not. This type of thing indicates that AR needs to come out with a clearly defined policy regarding their content rules. Sooner than later. After all, creating content such as clothes, etc. is no small feat.

So, please AR, speak up and let us know. Thanks!
VR Hacks

Full Name: VR Hacks

Re: Sex and the (Blue Mars) City

Postby NAIMA ID:NAIMA » Thu May 20, 2010 7:03 pm

Again I put this argument much befoure and I still think this is the must be in thing , without sex or adult content only kids will come if they will and actually most of us I bet are adults , so who gonna stay kids game developers? to who will companies or outer game publicities go for? Who are we building for?
NAIMA ID:NAIMA

Full Name: NAIMA ID:NAIMA

Postby Press ID:Press » Thu May 20, 2010 8:33 pm

At the moment i dont see any age verification service here, so i would say at the moment is PG the only one you can get here.
Press ID:Press

Full Name: Press ID:Press

Postby DanielRavenNest ID:DanielRa » Thu May 20, 2010 9:05 pm

ac17481ca735151d8255db43c42d4051 ID:ac17481c wrote:Importantly, I have been hearing whisperings that some people's content is being rejected and that there is some confusion wrt what sort of measuring stick AR is using to determine whether their content will be accepted or not. This type of thing indicates that AR needs to come out with a clearly defined policy regarding their content rules. Sooner than later. After all, creating content such as clothes, etc. is no small feat. So, please AR, speak up and let us know. Thanks!

I have already experienced the variable measuring stick. I had one item rejected for "implied nipples" (it was a shading issue, not modeled), and another passed with modeled nipples in the swimsuit. We do know in the body editor wiki page we cannot use anatomic details on skins. Literally their words are "think barbie doll". I can accept making damaged skins (if they are missing parts present in real humans, they are damaged in my view) if the goal at some point is to have restricted adult areas where us adults can *be* adults.
DanielRavenNest ID:DanielRa

Full Name: DanielRavenNest ID:DanielRa

Postby NAIMA ID:NAIMA » Thu May 20, 2010 9:15 pm

I dont like that adult "restrictions" I actually think that also material sold could be marked as mature or not ( like skins coul dhave or not the details features of nudity on them , so Kids could buy the filtered ones and the adults buy the ones they like ....

Postby Press ID:Press » Fri May 21, 2010 2:03 am

and how should that work without a age verification system at the moment
Press ID:Press

Full Name: Press ID:Press

Postby theshadow ID:theshado » Fri May 21, 2010 3:42 am

Press ID:Press wrote:and how should that work without a age verification system at the moment

Their are dozens of ways, in fact several services exist that do this for other companies (like how BM outsources BLU). So all they have to do is contract one such company and add the basic code to support it.

I've talked about my views on the subject before, so I won't go into them again, but I still think 'adult' content is needed in BM.
theshadow ID:theshado

Full Name: theshadow ID:theshado

Postby hawk2010 ID:hawk2010 » Fri May 21, 2010 7:13 am

Well, I support it since its a big money maker, only way I would see it happening is doing a sideline system for it, on one side is BM on the other would be ..hmm well sure could come up with another name but it stays separate from BM so their is no association. Use Verification and no headaches. Keep a pg system and mature system separate and the image of both intact. Same type of system/foundation, two different names... Just an idea
hawk2010 ID:hawk2010

Full Name: hawk2010 ID:hawk2010

Postby VR Hacks » Fri May 21, 2010 7:37 am

That's not a bad idea, actually. That way, those who want to cater to more adult related activities, could. The backend would be basically the same, and the only difference would be... do you want to take the green pill or the red pill? LOL
VR Hacks

Full Name: VR Hacks

Postby NAIMA ID:NAIMA » Sat May 22, 2010 11:35 pm

Even if I will run a park area I wiull allow mature content on my island , anyway so people coudl find secret caves where u know, play chess or card game .....

Next

Return to General Discussion