Information: This forum has been closed. Details

Mens skin line developing - Jack

Moderator: Blue Mars Staff

Mens skin line developing - Jack

Postby Damgori ID:Damgori » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Wanted a sort of beachy/surfery type of tan but without the massive muscles, nice and subtle. Hopefully the basis of a new range of skins.
Damgori ID:Damgori

Full Name: Damgori ID:Damgori

Re: Mens skin line developing - Jack

Postby Arzach ID:Arzach » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:19 am

Dam, my friend your work is great. i guess you and ElElectron will shake skin industry here soon.
but the skin color look like ... hmmm how can i tell... you know a cream make us like tanned without sunshine?... it's body color look like creamed body to be tan, without sun shine.

i love your shape's faces are characterist. but i wanna learn to why you dont make it more curved body. hows curved? like the michelangelo's bodys, these are muscled body but muscles are on the arms, chest and the six pack only.
i wanna show you a great body from the michelangelo's david... i am sure about you could make it like that body if you want. may its not your style, i cannot be sure without you tell me of course. but it should be very nice with more detailed bodys.
and body shape is need a bit work more on Teres Major muscles. i believe three diffrent muscles make us look like more powerful. its legs (Rectus Femoris), wings (Teres Major) and the Shoulders. and the Ankles, make the ankles more bold, it will make your character look like more powerful. these are a bit muscled guys but the ankles and the hands are not same. dont let the hands are default. make the fingers more bold, and the hand too of course. and why not arms and hands are vasculared?
Arzach ID:Arzach

Full Name: Arzach ID:Arzach

Postby Damgori ID:Damgori » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:32 am

Great pictures Arzach, very helpful.

Jack is at the moment skin and eyes only, not a body shape, because I currently cannot get Maya>ZBrush>Maya>Body editor workflow working properly.

When I am able to figure out how to involve ZBrush into my workflow for bodies then I will definitely have a lot of fun sculpting.

Postby Arzach ID:Arzach » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:36 am

i couldnt use zbrush on my shape works yet. body shaders being problem a bit and i couldnt find a easy way to jump through from this problem.
i am using maya's sculpt polygon tool and the lattice too to deform it's body usuly. please somebody tell us when free time, hows using zbrush withot any shader problem after import it in maya again.

Postby ElElectron ID:ElElectr » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:08 am

Good stuff Damgori!!

My workflow for zbrush -> Max -> BM goes like this...

import the default avi into zbrush and sculpt away.
When your finished export the lowest sub-d level
Open the default avi in max then import your new sculpted version
move the new avi out of the way then select the default, give it a morpher modifier and select the new sculpt as the target.
You then have a clean model to export to BM, its just been morphed to your sculpt.

There will be something similar to the morpher modifier in Maya.
ElElectron ID:ElElectr

Full Name: ElElectron ID:ElElectr

Postby Damgori ID:Damgori » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:48 am

Great stuff E, I'll have a bash with that idea when I get some time, it nicely cuts out the ZBrush eating all the uv data and spitting it out, and I'm already thinking the morph target thing is something to do with node input/output in Maya.

Postby Arzach ID:Arzach » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:04 pm

hey guys,

El, thank you for information about your work steps about zbrush to max. we are using Blend Shape option to morph in maya and i tried same way in maya many times ago, but the 'Blend Shape' option is not working good like your spoke in maya and the body shape is blasting after morph with Blend Shape. its why i couldnt use zbrush in due time.

Postby ElElectron ID:ElElectr » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Sounds like the vertex order is getting reordered at some stage. I would check the maya obj import/export and look for an updated one. In max's new obj exporter there is an option to optimize vertex/normal/Uv's, these must be turned off!
ElElectron ID:ElElectr

Full Name: ElElectron ID:ElElectr

Return to Gallery