Information: This forum has been closed. Details

How to Salvage Blue Mars PC: 1. Rebuild the Welcome Area

Moderator: Blue Mars Staff

Re: How to Salvage Blue Mars PC: 1. Rebuild the Welcome Area

Postby NCARalph ID:NCARalph » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:12 pm

That's all sounding pretty interesting, particularly the entity / scripting stuff, although I guess there's no hope for that being a paid activity. None the less, I'd very much like a spot.

WRT zoning - is anyone else interested in some kind of Caledon like steam punk sub division. I'm hoping Des will get involved with all this as well.
NCARalph ID:NCARalph

Full Name: NCARalph ID:NCARalph

Postby jamt ID:jamt » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:19 pm

ohh Neutral is better let them find their theme or thing!!! No comment from peanut gallery okies and hushie! Curling toes in sand and may omg nooooo I wont be allowed! Driving a boat down thru the main street! Davy and V put mine on slow mo in Misty Hollow! sigh! :evil:
jamt ID:jamt

Full Name: jamt ID:jamt

Postby jamt ID:jamt » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:32 pm

Ohhh Fine Fashions!! Ohh la la la, steampunk, Guys figure out who, where, and how! To communicate is Mars best feature!! Okk I so have to stop! :P :ugeek:

Postby andrei ID:andrei » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:52 pm

andrei ID:andrei wrote:Hello all,
... On Blue Mars, "Dating Game" should include gifting, some kind of scoring system, "Best Couple Medal of Honour", with annual award ceremony, with a ticket for two to... whereever on Blue Mars best couples may want to go together. Movies? ;) A better names is needed, of course.

Afterthoughs for Dating Game: some activities on Blue Mars can be made available for two (or more) players only:
1. Ballroom dancing
2. A ride in a gondola in New Venice (a-la Boat Ride from Digital DNA + synchronization)
3. Big discounts for residence ownership

These kind of things will prompt people to log in together, plan things ahead, in other words, be social.

Andrei
andrei ID:andrei

Full Name: andrei ID:andrei

Postby jamt ID:jamt » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:02 pm

Well!! Yes you are right! Davy and V would love that, canoe and greenie( dont kill me) , ohh heck, and fireworks like in Edo! Ynaga's city with quests! Beach city look out here we Martians come, we party, we shop, we bowl, we golf, etc. etc. etc!!! Dang I love you guys hugs your jamt the trouble maker :twisted:

Postby Magellan ID:Magellan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:50 pm

I thought the idea was just to provide blocks on BC for shops. That seemed fine. Simple and realistic.

I too have qualms about the theming and cooperative development. Some of these have been voiced by Andrei: even greater download size and lack of broad appeal. I am also doubtful that such developer cooperation will work in practice. I do not see why BC is the right place for these ideas when we have so many other cities that are less well developed and less unified. And I do not think step-by-step development is compatible with the goal of making a showpiece - more a WIP building site. Many of the features that have been cited as necessities are further away now than they have ever been, so it all seems rather unrealistic at this point. Finally, were all this cooperation, development and speedy implementation possible - why BC? We had every opportunity to do this sort of thing before - it didn't happen.

I should clarify that this is not meant as an attack, personal or otherwise. If such plans were being hatched for somewhere else, I would simply applaud the initiative. However, to propose such changes for BC is quite a different proposition, as there is a unique cost. BC is one of very few finished and unified cities, and I would not like to see us lose that.
Magellan ID:Magellan

Full Name: Magellan ID:Magellan

Postby rosh ID:rosh » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Hey folks,

I think this exchange of ideas is great. However, rather than over-coordinating it into a standstill, I encourage you to go with what you think you want to do with these Blocks. Those of you that want to collaborate for a set of common themed Blocks in one area, by all means; if you'd rather take the simple approach and put out a bunch of Shops to generate more shopping traffic, that's fine by us too.

So here's the official invitation! Those of you that already expressed interest, no need to tell me again. So far I have the following people interested in participating:

Mako
8502.bauhaus
Davy
hypatiaa
VRHacks
Daniel
Kaylu
Estelle
JadeZuma
jamt
Traveller

Apologies if I missed anyone else--please let me know by replying to this thread. We'll let you know when the Blocks are available next week.
rosh ID:rosh

Full Name: rosh ID:rosh

Postby Damgori ID:Damgori » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:52 pm

I ll have a bash at having a go....<whistles the theme to the great escape>
Damgori ID:Damgori

Full Name: Damgori ID:Damgori

Postby ynaga ID:ynaga » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:06 am

Count me in.

ynaga
ynaga ID:ynaga

Full Name: ynaga ID:ynaga

Postby rsdworker ID:rsdworke » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:04 am

so i could help in building things cause i built a nice house over in sandbox city (dainel's city) :) so my suggestion - its would have some rentals in area but a zonal for people who live and soical so count me in
rsdworker ID:rsdworke

Full Name: rsdworker ID:rsdworke

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions