Blue Mars Quality Submission Guidelines
From Blue Mars Developer Guidebook
Updated as of August 26th, 2010
Content Submission Guidelines
Avatar Reality screens user generated saleable items for compliance with our technical and content submission requirements. Our goal is to ensure a safe and stable environment for our diverse community. Over time, these guidelines will evolve as we expand the platform to include users over the age of 18 and age verification for content that is not suited for minors. Avatar Reality reserves the right to change any portion of these submission guidelines to suit the evolution of the Blue Mars platform.
Animation Item Guidelines
To have your animation pass the quality assurance checks, please observe the following guidelines:
- Animations must not depict violent, aggressive, or sexual behavior, whether directed to other players or yourself.
- Animations must not display extreme medical conditions, such as prolonged convulsions, agony, death, giving birth, etc.
- No offensive gestures or movements are allowed.
- Gestures with strong political overtones will be rejected as well animations designed to harass other players.
- Animations related to use of drugs are totally prohibited, in any form. That includes use of tobacco products.
- The billboard slides should give a reasonable representation of the submitted animation.
- No nudity on billboard slides or icon image.
- Icon image must show the avatar clearly.
- At this time, customized animations that require two or more players, are not supported in Blue Mars (such as custom hand-shake, hugs, etc.). Therefore, they will not be approved.
Clothing Items Guidelines
To have your cloth item pass the quality assurance checks, please observe the following guidelines:
- Inner cloth items must completely cover shaded areas, as shown the image below.
- Cloth textures must not contain visually offensive material, such as graphical depiction of violence, sexual themes, blood, gore, etc.
- No profanity, racial, or hateful messages.
- Cloth items must not show genitalia or female nipples in 3D or 2D.
- Icon image must show the cloth item clearly and truthfully.
Download full size images File:BodyMarkerNew.zip
Body Item Guidelines
To have your body submission pass the quality assurance checks, please observe the following guidelines:
- Geometry models must not have additional anatomic detail, such as genitalia (both genders), or nipples (for female avatars). Male avatars are allowed to have nipples.
- Textures must not show these details either, see above for geneder-specific cases..
- No obscene tattoos.
- The billboard image should give accurate representation of the body.
- No nudity on billboard.
- Icon image (icon.jpg) must show the body clearly.
- Make sure that all body parts are fully textured.
- The body must be usable with all test animations, provided in the Editor.
Shop interior requirements:
- The number of shelves must not be more than the current shop allows.
- The number of lights is limited to 3.
- Total number of shop elements, including lights, must not exceed 100.
- Decorative geometry elements must comply with general Blue Mars standards: no nudity or explicit context.
- The icon image (icon.jpg) must show the shop interior clearly.
Apartment interior requirements:
- All apartment elements, including structure (wall, floor, ceiling), lights, Spawn Point and Exit must be located completely inside the apartment's volume. This requirement will be strictly enforced.
- There must be exactly one Spawn Point, non obstructed by structural elements. In other words, upon entry, an avatar must be able to walk from the Spawn Point freely.
- There must be exactly one Exit, accessible by walking. The Exit must not be co-located with the Spawn Point.
- Floor, ceiling and all walls must be completely covered with colliding structural elements, which would prevent the avatar from walking through walls and from falling through the floor.
- The number of lights is limited to 3.
- Total number of apartment elements, including lights, must not exceed 100.
- The submission must contain a single billboard object, which clearly shows the apartment interior.
- All geometry elements must comply with general Blue Mars standards: no nudity or explicit context.
- The icon image (icon.jpg) must show the apartment interior clearly.
Terms of Service Requirements
In addition to compliance with the Content Submission Guidelines, submitted content must adhere to the general Blue Mars Terms of Service.
Copyright and Trademark Requirement
Avatar Reality expressly forbids the submission of content that violates copyright and trademark.
Right of Final Approval
Avatar Reality is the sole arbiter of compliance with our terms of service and submission guidelines and reserves the right to reject any and all content that detracts from the quality and safety of the Blue Mars platform.