How to set up a Showcase
From Blue Mars Developer Guidebook
There are security restrictions on this article
Back to Tutorials
Showcase sample in Beach City
- Sit on one of the chairs on the white platform to the right of the spawn point.
- All items that you are currently wearing will be displayed.
- Other users can see these items, and they can try on or purchase them on the spot.
- To buy an item from the Showcase, it has to be on sale in a Shop somewhere in Blue Mars at the time. Otherwise, the Buy button will not be active.
- This is NOT a user-to-user item sales feature--that is, you're not actually selling the items you're wearing. The items displayed in the Showcase are purchased directly from the original developer.
Setting up a Showcase in your City (or Block)
Create ARShowItem entity
- Radius controls the distance for spawning items. Setting the radius value too large might cause performance issues for both rendering and the network.
- Sync period must be kept larger than 1000. This value will be used to synchronize periods of items.
TagPoint to specify showing location
Link to specify showing order
- Select the ARShowItem entity.
- Then create an entity link to the TagPoint.
- Link order will be set to match the item inventory of your avatar.
ARChair as a trigger
- In this example I'm using the ARChair entity as a trigger for the Showcase, but you can use any trigger to activate the showing.
- Set up a Flow Graph to initiate the item showing.
- ARShowItem entity has a 2-input trigger; Start shows the items and Finish ends the showing.
Check in Blue Mars
- ARShowItem entity does not work with the preview mode in the Editor, so you'll have to use the Check in BlueMars command to check your settings of ARShowItem.
- ARPrefab entity
- Flow Graph
Back to Tutorials