Uploading Your City
From Blue Mars Developer Guidebook
Back to Blue Mars Sandbox City Editor
Once your City is ready to go live in Blue Mars, please follow these steps to upload your City data to Avatar Reality.
Upload your City data
NEW! When you upload your City files, you'll need to use our Web uploader:
- In your City Editor, use Blue Mars > Export > Export CTY... to export a .CTY file of your City.
- In your City Editor, use Blue Mars > Export > Export common CTY... to export a Common.cty file.
- In your Developer MyPage, go to PROPERTIES > City > Leased Cities. Highlight your City and select Upload .CTY file from the pull-down menu.
- The Blue Mars City Data Uploader will open.
- Add your City file and Common.cty file and click on Start Upload to upload your City to us.
- Once the upload is complete, you should receive an email notification. Avatar Reality will also be notified of the upload, and will begin the QA on your City.
- Please note that the uploader will only accept .CTY files.
NEW! Edit your City information
You can change your City's display name, description, and thumbnail image directly from the Developer MyPage. These changes will be reflected in the Places Browser.
- In your Developer MyPage, go to PROPERTIES > City > Leased Cities. Highlight your City and select Edit Properties from the pull-down menu.
- The following information can be entered, which will be reflected on the Places Browser.
- Display Name: The City name that is displayed in the list area and the detail view area.
- Description: City description that is displayed in the detail view area.
- Thumbnail: City thumbnail image that is displayed in the list area and the detail view area. 1280 x 720 JPEG only.
- NOTE: It may take up to 24 hours for your City thumbnail image to be updated in the Places Browser and your Developer MyPage.
- Company URL: You can also edit your company URL by going to HOME > Account Info > Edit Account Info > Edit Company Info.
- This URL will show up under "My Production (Company) Information in My Account.
- This URL will also show up under your company name in the City detail view in the Places Browser.
Contact Avatar Reality
Once you've confirmed that both your <city>.cty and common.cty files have finished uploading, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org notifying us that your City is ready for QA.
|NOTE: We will only send emails to the email address registered as the "Contact Email" in your company profile, so please make sure you use the same email address to contact us. To change your company's contact email, please go to HOME > Account Info > Edit Account Info > Edit Company Info in the Developer MyPage.|
At this point, if you have special instructions (want to review the list of errors before publishing, requesting that the City publish/update go live at a specific date/time, etc.), please include this in your email, and we will try to accommodate as much as possible.
City QA process
Once Avatar Reality receives your .CTY files and notification email, technical checks of your City will begin. Generally this takes on average 1 to 2 business days, depending on how long the queue is and what other things the Avatar Reality QA staff is working on at the moment.
If the City Passes
If your City passes technical check with zero or only a few minor errors, the files are then sent to the build master for immediate publishing, which generally takes from an hour to a business day. You will also receive notification from our QA staff that your City has passed, possibly also with a list of issues found.
If the City Fails
If your City does not pass the technical check, you will receive notification of the failure and a list issues found by our QA staff. You will need to resubmit your City data with the requested fixes.
Uploading fixes and updates
- If you need to re-submit your City data for fixes and/or updates, use the same process as your initial submission and upload the .CTY files using the Upload .CTY file command on the Developer MyPage.
- If you wish to change the Places Browser description text or the thumbnail image at a later date, you can do so at any time on your Developer MyPage (see "Edit your City information" above).
If you have any other special requests regarding your City QA and release, please send them to email@example.com.
Back to Blue Mars Sandbox City Editor