From Blue Mars Developer Guidebook
Like the CryEngine Lua Utilities, Avatar Reality supplies a number of Lua utility functions to support development of minigames, implemented in scripts located in Game/Scripts/AR. Most of them are pretty simple and can be treated as example code from which you can develop more appropriate custom code for your purposes.
These display and logging functions respect the CryEngine logging level described in CryEngine Lua Utilities
- convenience function for setting debugging level
- ARDebugMessage(text, timeout)
- displays a fading on-screen message
- Displays text on-screen text at location x,y (in pixels coordinates, where 0,0 is the top left of the screen), using the HUD text-drawing function. Renders for just one frame, so should be called within an OnUpdate callback.
- Like ARDebugText but displays text at current cursor location and with a default size
- reset the cursor position used by ARPrint and the following functions based on ARPrint
- print information about an animation
- print the most recent fscommand
- print information about an entity
- print information about a view
- print information about the current view
- print the current mouse position
- print the most recent Action
These functions are intended to support Camera implementations but can be used for any entities that you want to aim at something or somewhere.
- ARLookAtPos(entity, pos)
- Orient entity to point at position
- ARLookAtEntity(entity, target)
- Orient entity to look at a target entity
These functions support mouse selection/highlighting.
- ARMousePick(type, flags, num)
- general mouse picking function
- select a location on terrain
- select an entity
These functions access the Blue Mars user directory (under Documents/MyGames/Blue Mars).
- returns the full pathname of the Blue Mars user directory
- returns the full pathname of a file in the Blue Mars user directory
These are convenience functions for interacting with a web server.
- ARSubmitGet(url, destfile, parameters, options)
- send an HTTP GET request
- ARSubmitPost(url, destfile, parameters, options)
- send an HTTP POST request